Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Life, According to Bob Dylan

Dylan was in the news again this week when the original hand-written lyrics to The Times They Are A-Changin were sold at a New York auction house for over $400,000. Alan Sender, the hedge fund manager who outbid five others, added the two page manuscript to a personal memorabilia collection that includes one of John Lennon’s early guitars.

It's not likely that the sale of these lyrics will have much impact on the value of my painting of Dylan based on that particular album cover (18"x 24" acrylic on paper), but for the sake of this noteworthy event I'm offering a discount on my signed limited edition giclee prints.

In the meantime, while rummaging thru files related to this theme I found the following document initiated by my brother, completed by me. The instructions went like this:

Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to other people you like and include me. Try not to use the band I used, and try not to repeat a song title. (It's a lot harder than you think!) Repost as "My Life According to (BAND NAME)".



MY LIFE according to Bob Dylan

Are you a male or female?
“The Man in Me” says I am a man

Describe yourself
I am a Lonesome Hobo, but my name is not John Wesley Harding or Joey or John Brown

How do you feel?
To be on my own? With no direction known? Like a complete unknown? “Like a Rolling Stone.”

Describe where you currently live.
It’s positively NOT Positively 4th Street. Keeps me singing the Dirt Road Blues.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Goin’ to Acapulco, or maybe the Gates of Eden.

Your favorite form of transportation?
A “Slow Train Coming”

Your best friend is...
One of Us Must Know

Your favorite color is...
Tangled up in Blue

What's the weather like?
A Hurricane, with Buckets of Rain

Favorite time of day...
New Morning

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called?
Pressing On

What is life to you?
Up to Me
Forever Young
Gotta Serve Somebody

Your relationship...
A “Simple Twist of Fate”

Your fear...
Watered Down Love

What is the best advice you have to give?
“A Hard Rain’s a-Gonna Fall”

If you could change your name, you would change it to?
Quinn, the Eskimo

Thought for the day:
The Times They are A-Changin

How you would like to die?
Property of Jesus

Your soul's present condition.
Tryin’ To Get to Heaven.
“I need... a Shot of Love.”

Your motto:
Are You Ready?

Top Right: Portrait of Bob Dylan based on album cover The Times They Are A-Changin'. Limited edition signed and number giclee originals available for $125, including shipping.

No comments:

Popular Posts