Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Handful of Quotes to Carry Around in Your Back Pocket This Week

Your never know when you'll need a good quote. I used to have a notebook into which I scribbled thought food and encouragement. Nowadays we look to Google, for encouragement, wisdom, answers to thorny questions. Do you keep a notebook of quotes, or files on your laptop? I have quite a few about writing and about books, and a file I keep for inspiration.

Often when I scroll through a list of inspirational quotes I find at least a few that I really connect with or that speak to me. It's especially fun when you find new ones that you'd never encountered before. A few of these may possibly be familiar, but many are new to me. The last, by Dr. Seuss, is today's favorite for me.

“When I knew nothing, I thought I could do anything.” ~ Robert Duvall

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” ~ Vince Lombardi

“If you don’t have heroes in the beginning you don’t grow.” ~ Robert Duvall

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ~ Augustine of Hippo

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." ~ Helen Keller

“When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” ~ Helen Keller

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein

“I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." ~ Will Rogers

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is in our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." ~ Viktor E. Frankl

"It always seems impossible until its done." ~ Nelson Mandela

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Meantime, life goes on all around you. Step out and make it count.

No comments:

Popular Posts