Saturday, November 2, 2013

One Difference Between God and Man

Over the course of a lifetime I've had the privilege of being introduced to a wide array of people whose depth has moved me. One of these is a blind writer I was once friends with in New Jersey, Charlene Groves. Her poems, stories and insights have impressed me profoundly. At some point it is my hope to see some of her work made available in book form, though for now I'll begin by sharing a few pieces here now and then. In a few weeks I hope to make available her story A New Toy about an alien who lands on earth and becomes the object of scientific inquisition rather than a being of intelligence and sensitivity.

Charlene has written at least three novels as well as countless stories and poems. As soon as I read this piece, titled "In His Image", I wanted to share it.


In His Image

And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the foul of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genessis 1: 26 and 27 

And man said, "Let us make machines in our image, after our likeness: and let them serve under us."

C. F. Groves

No comments:

Popular Posts