Thursday, August 16, 2007

Vivid Dreams

Another day, another dream.
Another diamond, another scheme,
Another effort to break the theme;
Another day, another dream.

Vivid dreams during the night included being with my father when his heart stopped (5:13 a.m.) and an elaborate story about a group of women looking for someone, but they were walking on a rainy night on a long road far from where they were trying to be. i.e.: they were lost. I tried to help them... It was a long road and just at a bend there was a house which we went up to and knocked and were invited in. The owner was on the phone -- or made a call -- after telling us the people these ladies were looking for lived up the road about three miles. The guy had a huge nature preserve in his back yard with goats and lions. He and I walked down into the preserve and climbed up on a mountain of hay. A lion came up next to me. I asked the man if they were wild and he said "yes." It was scary, yet he seemed at peace there & I felt safe with him. When we went back to the house the lion followed, but the man wouldn't let the lion into the back door.
November 18, 1997

I started my first journal in junior high school. It was different from most journals because I did not record the events of my daily life. Instead, I recorded the dreams of my night. That is, when I woke in the morning I would lay there in the limbo region between waking and sleeping and reconstruct the images that has just passed through my mind. I think the first recorded dream had Tim Conway of McHale's Navy in it. I recall nothing of the dream, but remember the next recorded dream was a week or two later. As I practiced recalling my dreams I developed the skill of being able to recall in vivid detail up to four or five dreams in a night, with sometimes several pages of detail.

At a certain point in time the importance of recalling dreams subsided for me. Nevertheless, in the course of a lifetime of journal writing, certain dreams have occasionally seemed worthy of being recorded or remembered.

A few of my more unusual or meaningful dreams have been posted on my website at http://www.enewman.biz/dreams.html

No comments:

Popular Posts